30 Items You Shouldn’t Leave Trader Joe’s Without
We’re obsessed with Trader Joe’s (OK, but who isn’t?). For years the rumor that Chattanooga was going to get a Trader Joe’s seemed like just a wish. But now we can partake in the delicious offerings of this wildly popular grocery store.
While the folks of the grocery chain release an annual list of customer-favorite items, we decided to compile a list of. items folks can’t live without. Of course, Everything Bagel Seasoning made the list, but there are plenty of items (and even a beauty product) that might convince you to give them a try on your next grocery shopping trip.
1. Soy Chorizo – This veggie chorizo makes it easy to skip the meat. Sauté it with onions, potatoes (or sweet potatoes), and black beans as a vegan dinner base for tacos or burrito bowls.
2. Hatch Chile Mac and Cheese – If you’re working from home right now, hearty options like this elevated frozen macaroni and cheese help you actually take a delicious lunch break.
3. Everything But The Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend – This little jar of seasoning has quite the fan club these days, and we’re definitely a part of that club. Sprinkle it on egg whites to spice up a healthy breakfast or use it to make a savory at-home avocado toast.
4. Happy Trekking Trail Mix – The amazing selection of nuts and dried fruits include some of Trader Joe’s best finds. Perfect for on-the-go or at the office.
5. Gluten-Free Brioche Bread – When you have to follow a gluten-free diet Trader Joe’s brioche is a delight. The slices are pretty petite, but they’re the right amount of density to make a perfect grilled cheese.
6. Burrata Cheese – If you’ve had the pleasure of enjoying burrata cheese, you’ll know it’s often quite pricey. Thankfully the price point at Trader Joe’s allows Chihak to always grab a container at Trader Joe’s without spending so much.
7. Gluten-Free Pumpkin Baked Goods – When fall weather arrives it’s all about the pumpkin treats.
8. Speculoos Cookie Butter – It tastes like gingerbread but in a creamy, spreadable form. Enjoy a spoonful with some apple slices for a sweet afternoon pick-me-up.
9. Unexpected Cheddar Cheese – It’s technically a sharp cheddar, it has the tangy, nutty flavor of a way pricier aged Parmesan. It features those delicious crystalline bits that give the cheese a subtle crunch, and its creamy, crumbly texture is perfect for melting. It tastes fancy enough for a special-occasion charcuterie board, but at less than $5 a block, it’s affordable enough for everyday snacking, too.
10. Traditional Tunisian Harissa – Like your dishes with heat? Look no further than this rich chili paste. Marinate salmon with the spicy seasoning for the easiest weeknight dinner or pairing it with vegetables for a side dish with a kick.
11. Smoked Apple Chardonnay Chicken Sausage – For an affordable protein option that’s super tasty, cut them in slices and add veggies for a super easy sheet pan dinner.
12. Rosemary Marcona Almonds – When you need a quick and healthy snack, reach for a handful of almonds. Just the right mix of salt, crunch, and herb flavor.
13. Purple Moon California Merlot – There’s no doubting the quality wine section is one of the best things at Trader Joe’s. The Purple Moon California Merlo is not only a delicious casual sipper, but you can also score a bottle for just $6.
14. Shea Butter and Coconut Oil Hair Mask – If the dry winter air left your locks a little lackluster, this is an excellent affordable hair mask option.
15. Vegan Tzatziki – The vegan tzatziki from Trader Joe’s tastes exactly like regular tzatziki. It’s perfect on a salad or as a dip—I seriously cannot say enough good things about it.
16. Caramelized Onion Dip – It has a light and fluffy whipped texture that pairs perfectly with a kettle-cooked or ridged potato chip.